1) That I need a water lily pond like the Lotus Pool at the Penn State Arboretum.
2) That I also need a giant planter filled with succulents. (Would make an excellent birthday gift, though I do admit that it might not be the most practical, since it’s probably not very portable.)
3) That there are Japanese bananas. And that I have never thought about bananas being from Japan.
|I forgot to get a picture of the banana plants, so this one is from bbc.co.uk.|
4) That the Creamery makes excellent ice cream and has proportions about as large as your head.
It is also advisable to have yours in a bowl rather than a cone, unless you are able to eat large quantities of ice cream quickly and you are also sitting inside in the A/C so your ice cream meltage is kept to a minimum. Not being savvy in the ways of Creamery portion sizes, I had mine in a cone. Still not entirely sure how I managed to eat the entire thing and not explode nor get melted ice cream all over my person. I feel that my twenty-odd years of eating ice cream were just to prepare me for that moment, and that I preformed quite admirably.
|I was too busy eating my enormous ice cream cone to remember to take a picture, so this one is from the PSU website http://creamery.psu.edu/|
5) And that Meghan is an excellent friend for introducing me to all these new things.
|She is a Penn State graduate and lives in State College, which explains why she knows all these things.|
|Meghan is a superb American Coot rescuer as well.|